Episode 38: Forgive Yourself, Dammit
Art of the Unknown Podcast
The Podcast Documenting a Spiritual Journey
HOSTED BY SARAH KREUZ
WHY ART OF THE UNKNOWN?
Because healing is a journey, one that we must take for ourselves and by ourselves. When we choose to embrace the parts of ourselves we find that the things that we have been running from are not so scary. There is beauty to be found in the parts unknown, and this podcast is a journey of just that. Hosted by Sarah Kreuz, this podcast heads straight towards the unknown and finds beauty in the places that are unseen.
When we talk about forgiveness, it is usually the desired state of being due to a particular event, person, or situation in life. What we are missing in the conversation about forgiveness is a very important element: self-forgiveness. In this episode I talk about the importance of forgiving yourself and why is it so necessary when it comes to healing and moving on. Because, just as we can feel and experience pain because of the actions of others, so too can we feel trapped or burdened because of the own emotional weight that we are carrying within ourselves.
TAKE AWAYS YOU DON'T WANT TO MISS:
- When we try to move on and let go, we look to something outside of ourselves that we can point to for the pain that we have felt. But when we do so, we perpetuate blame and defer truly taking responsibility for our inner and outer worlds.
- Taking an honest inventory of the pain that we have inflicted on ourselves can be difficult, but it is necessary in order to begin forgiving and healing.
- You must touch the depths of forgiveness and compassion within yourself first before you can truly forgive another.
- We are not aware of the pain that we are causing ourselves which is why I want to bring this topic to light and begin changing our patterns and the way we treat ourselves.
- Why self-forgiveness is the starting point of true forgiveness
- How to begin forgiving yourself
- What happens when you don't forgive yourself
- How I cause myself pain by not forgiving myself.
- Why forgiveness allows you to be who you are and being to love yourself in the process.
ON A SPIRITUAL JOURNEY OF YOUR OWN?
Looking to embrace the unknown within you as well? Download my FREE spiritual cheatsheet "Top 10 Practices for Spiritual Growth" and begin your journey of self-discovery and inner awareness today!
DOWNLOAD YOUR FREE GUIDE: "TOP 10 PRACTICES FOR SPIRITUAL GROWTH"
Download your FREE guide: Top 10 Practices for Spiritual Growth
Enter your info to get INSTANT access to your free guide. Discover the top 10 practices for spiritual growth today!
ABOUT THE AUTHOR: SARAH KREUZ
Sarah Kreuz believes that everything we are looking for is within us. She creates content, products and courses that help others along their spiritual journey to heal and create their inner & outer worlds.